Happy Birthday, L. Frank BaumPosted: May 15, 2013
I was reminded earlier today that it was L. Frank Baum’s birthday. If he had survived whatever killed him, and everything that would have followed that, he would have been 157 today.
That is Mrs. L. Frank Baum pictured to your right.
- She looks just like this guy I know at work.
- That collar wasn’t in fashion when the photo was taken; it just hides her Adam’s apple better.
- Dude looks like a lady.
- Wouldn’t want to sit behind her in a theater.
- Ma’am, they’re going to need those shoulder pads back before football season.
- “That’s not your mother, it’s a man, baby”.
Sorry, I just had to get those out of my system. Let’s get back on topic.
Instead of celebrating, I played disc golf with my son. Though he is not yet 21, he is cooler than L. Frank Baum could dream of being in 557 years. Could L. Frank have thrown a disc like this? —
No, not in his wildest dreams, nor could he make me use a Bevis voice.
Anyhow, I clearly did not write much today. However, L. Frank’s birthday reminds me of something I still have never done. This. No, not even once.
Fifty-one years and counting.